#94 – Keen on Yoga Podcast with Gregor Maehle
Gregor is the international author of eight textbooks covering all eight limbs of yoga. He is a mystic and a profuse blog writer covering topics on yoga and beyond. He travels the globe educating with passion, humour, insight and wisdom.
Gregor Maehle began his practice of Raja Yoga in 1978 and added Hatha Yoga a few years later. In the mid-1980s he commenced annual travels to India, where he studied with various yogic and tantric masters, traditional Indian sadhus and ascetics. After practising with BKS Iyengar he spent fourteen months in Mysuru, and in 1997 was authorised to teach Ashtanga Yoga by K. Pattabhi Jois. In India Gregor also received eight months of mostly one-on-one instruction in scripture and the higher limbs of Yoga through B.N.S. Iyengar, a student of T. Krishnamacharya. He also studied Sanskrit under Professor Narayanachar and Dr Chandrasekhar. He lived for several years as a recluse, studying Sanskrit and yogic scripture and practising yogic techniques.
This is the third time Gregor joins Adam, this time talking about his latest book How To Find Your Life’s Diving Purpose. Including the talking points below.
- Human aspects of the divine
- Bhakti yoga within asana
- Surrendering to the diving through practice, asana, pranayama, meditation
- Is concentration devotion?
- Co-creating with the divine what aspect you were here to express
- Importance of your Swah dharma – your own dharma
- Pancha kosha – teaching of the 5 layers, cleansing of impact of past traumas on your body, breath and mind
- Objective and objectless samadhi
- Shiva pure consciousness, eternal awareness
- Shakti female aspect of the divine
- What is your role in the play & how far can you go with your gift?
- Life is the child of the divine
- The divine is here and now
- How you act in this world matters
- Everything you see is the crystallised body of God
- Indigenous practices, walkabouts
- Vijnanamaya kasha
- Your duty in society, giving to the world
- Self love as a pure spiritual state
- Accepting that state within you
- We are all children of the divine