Damien de Bastier (www.ubuntubali.com/ @ubuntu_bali). Ashtanga With Knee Injuries | Teaching to Student’s Individual Needs | Ashtanga in France | Importance of Meditation | The 20% Rule | Yoga As a Therapy | Myofascial Release | Chitta Vritti Nirodaha
This episode is sponsored by Momence, the booking system we’ve been using for the last year and highly recommend. Momence is a booking system for online, in-person and hybrid classes and events. It’s great for self-employed teachers to multi-site studios.
To try Momence for two months at no cost click on the link below for more information. Or book a demo and quote “Keen on Yoga” https://momence.com/lp/keen-on-yoga
With Momence, you can:
- Manage your class and workshop schedule
- Organize your appointment types and availability · Create marketing and win-back campaigns
- Organize your on-demand videos and courses
- See exactly how your business is doing through insightful reporting.
- Have customers self-check-in via kiosks
- Sell products and services with a fully integrated point of sale It’s easy to use for yourself and your customers and you can manage everything in one place.
Damien has been practising and studying yoga for over 30 years. As a struggling teenager, he was introduced to transcendental meditation and has followed the path of yogic wisdom ever since. On his journey to more balance, joy and understanding, Damien gained degrees in clinical psychology, Ashtanga yoga, yoga therapy and various forms of bodywork that he integrates into his teachings.
After teaching all these years, what inspires Damien the most is watching people use yoga to transform themselves and grow into their fullness. It’s an honour to be a part of that process and guide them. Ubuntu, his yoga centre in Bali, was born from that inspiration. It’s a haven where people can find the tools to work on themselves and go deeper into their unfolding. Ubuntu provides yoga practice and courses in philosophy, anatomy, breath work, meditation, permaculture and creative arts, all in a beautiful garden setting in Canggu.